What sort of digging projects do you have planned for this month?
April is recognized as Safe Digging Month! Georgia 811 reminds diggers the importance of calling 811 before all digging projects, large or small.
Polk County Water Authority of Georgia
Welcome to the official site of Polk County Water, Sewage & Solid Waste Authority. We provide drinking water to over 8,000 customers in Polk, Floyd, Haralson and Paulding County.
The mission of the Polk County Water, Sewage & Solid Waste Authority is to provide our service area with adequate and reliable supplies of high-quality water to meet present and future needs in an environmentally and economically responsible way.
We are also committed to providing professional and courteous services to satisfy the diversified needs of our customers.
APRIL IS SAFE DIGGING MONTH!!!
1. What sort of digging projects do you have planned for this month?
2. April is Safe Digging Month! This month, Georgia 811 reminds diggers the importance of calling 811 before all digging projects, large or small. http://www.georgia811.com/whycall.aspx
3. Did you know failure to call 811 before digging results in more than 60,000 unintentional hits of underground utilities annually across the United States? www.call811.com
4. No matter if you're a contractor, landscaper or "do-it-yourselfer," 811 works for you! Smart digging means always calling 811 before any project to have your underground utility lines marked.
5. Wondering how 811 works? Check out how your yard will look after you call before you dig http://www.georgia811.com/InteractiveHouse/InteractiveHouse.html
6. Be sure to call 811 several days before any digging project. Hitting an underground utility line while digging can cause serious injuries, disrupt service to entire neighborhoods, and potentially result in fines and repair costs.
7. The following colors represent the various utility lines: red,orange,blue,green,yellow, purple. To see which colors correspond with each utility click here: http://www.georgia811.com/havemylines.aspx
8. Did you know digging without calling 811 can lead to lost utility service? Don't spend a "Day in the dark." Check out the video at http://www.georgia811.com/videopsas.aspx to learn more.
9. Homeowners now have the option to click before you dig: http://www.georgia811.com/quiktik.aspx
Experiencing a Water Outage or Leak?
If you have an emergency situation with your water, please call 770-748-6001 to report your problem immediately. Have non-emergency questions or concerns? Click Here to send us an email.